Effective as of 10/04/2020
www.Global-Roles.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Global-Roles Limited and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is operated by Global-Roles Limited (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12470982 and have Our registered office at 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD. Our main trading address is 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please fill out our Contact us form or Email: Info@global-roles.
Use of the Site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorised processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing. Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
What’s in these terms?
By using the Site you accept these terms
By using the Site, you confirm that you accept these Jobseeker Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Jobseeker Terms, you must not use the Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Jobseeker Terms for future reference.
Object of the agreement and scope of the Services
We offer a variety of career services via the Platforms. We want to be your lifelong career assistant. If your life perspective changes, you are developing or reaching for new goals, we offer the right career support. We aim to build a long-lasting relationship, to build a product and a Service, that is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and which enables you to take your life and future in your own hands.
You can use certain Services without registration. To provide you with the specific Services under registration or for the calculation of the term, we will store the date of your last activity at the Platforms (“Last Activity Date”), which can include the date of your registration, and last use of Services like applying for a job.
a. Services available without registration
Without the registration of an account you may use all Services that are available on our website without registration. Particularly you can browse jobs that are published on our website.
b. Job alerts
You can subscribe to job alerts by email through our Platforms. That means you will then regularly receive job alerts about listings which match your criteria. You can create job alerts manually which match a profile that has been defined by you in advance. If you also register or have registered an account, you can manage the job alerts described below in section c.dd.
c. Your Account
Certain Services will only be available as part of an account on the Site.
If you enter into an agreement for an account, you can use additional Services as described hereinafter. You can register for an account as described in section 3.
aa. Saved Jobs
You can save job ads that you have viewed, e.g. by clicking the respective button in the job ad. You will then be able to access such saved listings in your account.
bb. Your Profile
You can create a CV-profile (“Profile”) within your account, which will consist of various CV related pieces of information as well as attachments provided by you. It will also keep a record of your activity on our Platforms. You have a number of options when deciding how much of this information recruiters can see. The default when you sign up is for recruiters to be able to see your profile. This includes your CV and your “Last Active” date (see below for more information on this). You can change the visibility of your profile at any time.
We will also share your application history (jobs you have applied for and when you applied for them) unless you tell us not to. You can change this at any time.
You can use your Profile to apply to job offers that are published on the websites or apps. The respective recruiting company will then have access to your Profile even if it is not generally available and will be able to see the data you provided. However they will not be able to see your application history if you have chosen not to share this. We will also use the data you have provided as part of your Profile to provide you with job ad recommendations tailored to your needs based on your Profile data. To provide you with the specific Services under the Profile, we will store the date of your last activity on our Platforms (“Last Active” date), which will be the date you most recently updated your profile or CV or the date you last applied for jobs using the Services.
As part of an active and public Profile we may also provide a link to a profile about you on a publicly available business related social media website we have found about you to CV Database search users. Such access to CV Database can also be provided through browser plugins or other software that we or our group companies offer and which will allow our customers to access your CV if they visit certain social media websites.
If you choose to create a Profile with us, then we will keep your CV on file until you ask us to delete your account from our Database.
We do not warrant or guarantee a minimum volume of storage capacity for your Profile. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently restrict the data volume for uploads of data, especially if necessary due to technical reasons, for example in order to maintain or optimise the Service.
cc. Application History
Within your account we store your applications to job listings that were published on the Platforms for two months in a history that can be accessed via your account. Information from such applications can be used to prefill fields if you create a Profile as per section 2.c.bb. above.
dd. Additional functions for Job alerts
In your Account you can manage the “Jobs by email” settings, i.e. the criteria used to match your job alerts. . You can at any time deactivate “Jobs by email”.
ee. Deceased User
In the event of the death of user, a person authorised to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased can request to have the deceased user’s account removed. We will require additional documentation for this request in order to avoid unauthorised and false reports. Be assured that the requested information will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.
There are other terms that may apply to you
This Acceptable Use Policy refers to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site:
- If you are a recruiter, our Recruiter Terms and Conditions, which sets out information applicable to Recruiters.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply jobseekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable jobseeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the jobseeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the jobseeker or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose jobseekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a jobseeker; or,
- make any arrangements for accommodation of jobseekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”) seek to ensure that jobseekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered jobseekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a jobseeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a jobseeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a jobseeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the jobseeker and that the jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the jobseeker. For more details of how to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, visit then Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) website.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
We may make changes to the terms of these terms
We amend these Jobseeker Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Jobseeker Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
Job search safety
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit www.safer-jobs.com for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These Jobseeker Terms, their subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
www.Global-Roles.com is operated by Global-Roles Limited. Global-Roles Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 12470982 . Global-Roles registered address is 130 Old Street, London EC1V 4BD.
Global-ROoles is a global online job board business that operates an online job portal to accurately match candidates with companies.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Please be aware that we may also infer certain information about you from your expressed search preferences. We also collect from:
- our websites (the “Websites”);
- the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- cookies (“Cookies”);
- publicly available information; and,
- other tools and applications (our “Online Content”).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role).
- Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes e.g. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, Global-Roles processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your Global-Roles account to your Social Network account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Global-Roles may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
Global-Roles also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and,
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Global-Roles may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Recruiters and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, Global-Roles may make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters and other intermediaries and agents and other business partners. The amount of information we share with recruiters will depend on the options you select when you create or update your account. If you choose to make your profile public, recruiters will be able to see and your Last Active date ( this is the date you most recently updated your profile or CV, or searched or applied for jobs using the Services ). Depending on your preferences, we may also share your application history (jobs you have applied for and when you applied for them). You can change the information recruiters can see about you at any time by updating your details and preferences in your profile.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Global-Roles may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Global-Roles Website and App and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed. Please be aware you can always change these in your account;
- Personalise your experience on the Global-Roles Website and App by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you and by providing you access to selected services of our group companies;
- Develop and improve our Website, App and Services (where possible we will anonymise your information before we do this);
- The CV used to apply is evaluated automatically against the job advert using real recruiters’ assessments on various candidates as a point of reference. We may highlight applications evaluated as a significant match. All Applications, regardless of this evaluation, are delivered to the recruiter for them to review;
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
When you create an account and log-in to your “My Account” area, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your Account at any time, by logging in to your “My Account”.
Your CV can be viewed by Global-Roles customers, if you have consented to this within the profile section. This is the default setting. Further, when your profile is searchable your application activity (e.g. number of applications, job titles, locations & salaries) will be visible to Global Roles customers. Such visibility can also be provided through browser plugins or other software that we offer if our customers visit certain social media websites about you. This is also the default setting
Please note that Globa-Roles reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your “My Account”.
You can de-activate or delete your account at any time, make your profile anonymous or choose to not make your profile searchable. To de-activate, please go to your “My Account”.
However, if you would like to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (see below) with the subject line “Permanently delete my information and account”. Please do not forget to tell us who you are.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Global-Roles is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restrict access to personal access to personal information to Global-Roles employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined, or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
If you enable us, we access the following Services for the limited purpose of helping us to upload or otherwise access your CV, cover letters or any other documents you provide us to assist you apply for jobs. The Services we use are:
- Google Cloud
We will ask for your consent before using information for any purpose other.
Marketing and Advertising
Online Behavioural Advertising
We partner with third-party advertising networks so that we and other advertisers can display advertising which is more relevant to you and your interests on our Web site or on other sites that you visit and assess the performance of that advertising. We and our ad network partners may utilise cookies or web beacons along with other codes such as your Identifier for Advertising (IFA) or Android ID for your phone to better understand your interests from the web pages you interact with and the search terms you use on our site to build a picture of the category of interests or preferences you have and to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Our ad network partners do not collect and do not have access to any information from which you can be directly identified such as your real name or address or email. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond these Sites. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to receive tailored advertising by opting out, you can visit either the Network Advertising Initiative at networkadvertising.org or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) at www.youronlinechoices.com or visit the privacy statements of our partners: Google, Adobe and Tealium.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
Global-Roles is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), however we are aware due to the nature of some of the job offerings, those between 14 and 18 may use the Services.
Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using Global-Roles Website, unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require customers who use our services, such as employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services. Please be aware your current employer may be a customer of Global-Roles. Although it is a requirement of our Contract and Terms and Conditions of Global-Roles not to use Personal Information for any purpose other than to obtain a job, we cannot restrict the customers who access profiles on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality. As part of the registration process Global-Roles offers you the option of remaining anonymous.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Global Roles.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: Info@global-roles.com.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at ico.org.uk.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
The Site is operated by Global-Roles Limited (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12470982 and have Our registered office at 130 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BD